What is the Sacramental Program?
What is it? and Who is Responsible?
This Program is facilitated by the Parish but a responsibility of the Parents.
Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their child. Faith education by parents begins in the child’s earliest years, such as showing them how to pray and reading easy bible stories about Jesus.
The Parish Based, Family Centred Sacramental Process
- creates particular opportunities for parents to continue sharing the faith with their child. Faith, example, motivation and devotion are primary gifts which are nurtured in this Sacramental Program.
- provides opportunities for parents and children to come together to inquire and reflect upon the faith into which their children are being initiated.
Parents of children who have been baptised and have reached the age of discretion (Year 2) are invited to present their child as a candidate for Confirmation and First Eucharist.
The Sacramental Team co-ordinate and assist parents as they prepare their children for the reception of the sacraments of Confirmation, Eucharist and Reconciliation.
The Catholic Parish of French's Forest, follows the Sacramental Program that is approved by the Bishop of the Diocese of Broken Bay.
The Sacramental Process includes -
- Parents’ Information Evenings.
- Weekly group gatherings over four weeks as each sacrament is being explored.
- Attendance at Sunday Mass for the 4 weeks before each Sacrament.
- Children’s workbooks to be completed.
Further ways to connect with our parish community :
- Celebrating Children’s Liturgy of the Word held during school terms.
- Celebrating Family Masses held on the weekends
- Ensuring that your child attends Catholic Scripture, if they are not attending a Catholic school.If you would like to know more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org