Selecting a Sponsor
Parish Home Page Sacramental Program Home Page Sacramental Program Announcements
Five Ways to be a Great Sponsor
- Pray for the child and parents.
- Spend some time & keep in touch.
- Plan to be around on those special days.
- Share your faith.
- Enjoy being a sponsor.
Some helpful tips for selecting a Sponsor:
- It is recommended that your child’s godparent also be invited to be the sponsor thus linking the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation.
- If this is not possible then we suggest that you choose a member of the family or someone important to your child. A parent cannot be a sponsor to their own child.
- This person is to be a practising Catholic who has received all the sacraments and is 16 years or over.
- Together with the parents the sponsor is asked to guide the child and be a source of support as s/he continues the journey in faith.